WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating web domain on your subsequent visits to that domain.
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. Cookies allow you to navigate between pages efficiently, remember preferences and generally improve the user experience. They can also be used to tailor advertising to your interests through tracking your browsing across websites.
WHAT ARE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES?
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- Session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser; or
- Persistent cookie which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
As for the domain to which it belongs, there are either:
- First-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain; or
IN PARTICULAR, GRANDVIEW USES THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF COOKIES:
- Required Cookies – These cookies are required to enable core site functionality and are automatically enabled when you use this site.
- Functional Cookies – These cookies enable additional functionality like saving preferences, allowing social interactions, and analyzing usage for site optimization.
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES
If you wish to block the cookies which are set by us you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer (including those from this visit) as well as more general information about cookies.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Please note that this cookies policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of third party websites which may be linked to or accessible through this website.